Sunday, October 28, 2012

Baked Onion Dip

1.5 - 2lbs of flavourful onion (I used little cippolini onions)
6 ounces cream cheese (I used 8, came out too stodgy)
4-5 ounces sour cream
Fresh flat-leaf parsley (to taste, I added about 2 tablespoons)
1 tablespoon of thyme
Parmesan to taste, I added 2 tablespoons
Salt + Pepper

Simmer onions (that you've chopped how you prefer, I cut them in half and sliced thinly) on medium heat until nicely brown, and finally on low until nicely caramelized, I was gradually adding salt  - total of 20min. Added the thyme, cream cheese (mine wasn't softened) I mixed it in, and added the sour cream and let the mixture simmer for not more than 3-4min, added flat leaf parsley, about 2 tablespoons.

I baked it all for about 20 minutes, and Fiance hit it with the blowtorch to nicely brown it on top. Voila..

It's a tad stodgy, but hits the spot - EXACTLY what I've been craving.

..Now for that wedding dress diet.. :( *dies*

No comments:

Post a Comment